Summer is approaching, and that means beaches, bikinis, and bare skin! Now while I love a good "beat down", nothing feels better than being able to run out the door with a clean, refreshed face.
As a makeup artist, I know that healthy skin is key to a perfect application. My personal belief is that FAB skin starts with a consistent skincare regime!
Let's start with the basics: if you're healthy inside, more than likely it will show on the outside. Skin is no exception! Start with a healthy diet and drink plenty of water for hydrated, glowing skin.
What happens next is up to you! Create a regime that WORKS FOR YOU. Determine if your skin is dry, oily, or prone to breakouts. From there, you can decide which products are needed, and which ones to skip.
I feel very fortunate to have normal skin that rarely experiences a breakout or dryness. So much like my fashion, my skincare regime is super simple, and super affordable:
1. Rinse off existing makeup using Garnier Micellar Water.
2. Cleanse skin thoroughly using an exfoliating wash such as St. Ives Blemish Control Apricot Scrub. It will leave your skin feeling soft, squeaky clean, and smelling heavenly! For an even deeper cleanse, I use a Conair Spin Brush.
3. To open my pores and prepare skin for hydration I use warm steam and then cool mist. This facial sauna by Conair works well, and is super affordable!
4. Apply a light layer of an organic coconut oil of your choice. I use Nutiva.
5. Apply a generous layer of moisturizer to seal in hydration. My favorite is Loreal Revitalift Bright Reveal.
This routine, when consistently repeated, gives me a healthy glow, and keeps my skin flawless and breakout free!
How do you keep your skin looking FAB?